Have you ever left an interview feeling great only to realize that your brand new power suit is still sporting the tag? Enough said. We understand an interview can be tough on the nerves but below are some tips to help make your experience with Digi positive and successful.
- Recognize your strengths and weaknesses but most of all know what you want in a job and organization.
- Check Digi out. Review our website, company literature or an annual report (we are traded on the NASDAQ under the symbol DGII). Research products, services, business strategies and the environment/culture.
- Know the interview procedure. If you do not know what to expect, find out. You can't expect to present a positive image if you are uptight and anxious. To help prepare for interviews, schedule a mock interview with your career services office. Practice, practice, practice.
- Dress appropriately. We are a business casual environment so don't be surprised if some of the people you meet are casually dressed. Use your best judgement when dressing for your interview.
- Plan ahead. Have planned questions to ask the interviewer(s). Be prepared to share specific examples of experiences at school, previous employment and life experiences.
Expectations after the Interview
What is the next step? Although we may be impressed with your skills and abilities, don’t expect instant action. Interviewers are looking for future hires and do not hire on the spot.
What will help your chances? If you are interested in working for us, write a thank you letter to the interviewer(s) confirming your interest and reiterate the points you discussed.
What if the answer is no? Sometimes it is obvious from the interview that qualifications and opportunities do not match. In such cases, the interviewer will be candid, but courteous, and let you know that further action will not be taken.
Best of luck in your career search!