As a manufacturer of electrical products which may utilize components that contain gold (Au), tin (Sn), tantalum (Ta) or tungsten (W), Digi International is aware of Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act regarding Conflict Minerals (CMs) sourced from the Democratic Republic of the Congo and its adjoining countries. The CM legislation adopted late July 2010 with enabling regulations on August 22nd, 2012 requires certain companies to make an initial specialized disclosure report to be filed with the SEC no later than May 31, 2014, covering the calendar year of 2013.
Digi intends to comply with SEC regulations and OECD Guidance through Digi’s proactive and comprehensive compliance strategies. Since October of 2012 Digi’s Conflict Minerals compliance program has been proactively focusing its CM efforts on the following:
Digi Action Plan
- Group raw materials into categories based on whether they contain Gold, Tin, Tantalum or Tungsten.
- Query our supply chain partners to make a reasonable determination if raw, consumable or purchased components have conflict-metals origins. We have received statements and/or EICC templates from all suppliers that have been defined to use one of the listed metals along with response from 80% of our dollar based spend with no confirmed use of conflict minerals.
- Contract with Silicon Expert to provide compliance information on components as available in the market.
- Work with outside service providers to help ensure that we follow best practices and thought leadership in relation to conflict minerals issues.
- Use the EICC-GeSI Conflict Minerals Reporting Template Rev II ("Template") to update sourcing information from Digi direct suppliers in early 2014 and update any changes to the EICC form ahead of the required filing in May of 2014.
As always, Digi wishes to assure its customers and distribution partners of its continuing progress and diligence regarding Conflict Minerals. Should you have any further questions please contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org at your convenience.
The information in our response is based on information provided to us by our suppliers, other third parties and information in our existing records. We are not able to verify the accuracy or completeness of information provided to us by third parties. Our responses are as of the date hereof and we undertake no obligation to update or modify the information and we do not intend to do so.