XCTU is a free multi-platform application designed to enable developers to interact with XBee RF modules through a simple-to-use graphical interface. It includes new tools that make it easy to setup, configure and test XBee.
Unique features like graphical network view, which graphically represents the XBee network along with the signal strength of each connection, and the XBee API frame builder, which intuitively helps to build and interpret API frames for XBee modules being used in API mode, combine to make development on the XBee platform easier than ever.
- Multi-platform application compatible with Windows and MacOS
- Graphical Network View for simple wireless network configuration and architecture
- API Frame Builder development tool for quickly building XBee API frames
- Module Discovery mechanism enables automatic discovery of modules connected to your PC
- Device Cloud by Etherios-integrated, allowing configuration and management of XBee devices anywhere in the world
Other highlights of XCTU include the following features:
- You can manage and configure multiple RF devices, even remotely (over-the-air) connected devices.
- The firmware update process seamlessly restores your module settings, automatically handling mode and baud rate changes.
- Two specific API and AT consoles, have been designed from scratch to communicate with your radio devices.
- You can now save your console sessions and load them in a different PC running XCTU.
- XCTU includes a set of embedded tools that can be executed without having any RF module connected:
- Frames generator: Allows you to easily generate any kind of API frame to save its value.
- Frames interpreter: With this tool you can decode an API frame and see its specific frame values.
- Recovery: Allows you to recover radio modules which have damaged firmware or are in programming mode.
- Load console session: This tool allows you to load a console session saved in any PC running XCTU.
- Range test: Gives you the ability to perform a range test between 2 radio modules of the same network.
- Firmware explorer: With this tool you can navigate through XCTU’s firmware library.
- An update process allows you to automatically update the application itself and the radio firmware library without needing to download any extra files.
- XCTU contains complete and comprehensive documentation which can be accessed at any time.