- New products join XBee 802.15.4 modules to provide a full compliment of point-to-multipoint solutions for wireless device connectivity -
MINNETONKA, Minn. (July 8, 2008) - Digi International (NASDAQ: DGII) today introduced new versions of ConnectPort™ X gateways, XBee® adapters and development kits that are compatible with its existing XBee and XBee-PRO® 802.15.4 embedded RF modules. Together these products allow customers to wirelessly enable distributed groups of electronic devices and connect those devices to the Internet where they can be monitored remotely. These solutions support point-to-multipoint wireless connectivity which is ideal for latency sensitive, low-power RF applications. They join Digi's existing ZigBee mesh networking solutions within the Drop-in Networking product line – a combination of hardware components and software tools for network-enabling commercial grade devices where wired infrastructure does not exist or is unable to satisfy customer needs.
"Customers come to us looking for wireless solutions," said Larry Kraft, senior vice president of global sales and marketing, Digi International. "Our 802.15.4 Drop-in Networking products are perfect for cost-effectively connecting end points such as sensors or data loggers over cellular networks to centralized applications, especially when predictable response times are required."
"Digi has used our IEEE 802.15.4 architecture to commercialize a broad and compelling product offering for customers looking to build or expand a multipoint RF network," said Brett Black, manager of Freescale’s Wireless Connectivity Operation. "The ConnectPort X gateway offers an IP connectivity solution for our IEEE 802.15.4 customers. This off-the-shelf gateway eliminates the burden of designing and certifying such a device in-house and speeds time to market."
Digi's 802.15.4 family includes:
- XBee 802.15.4 modules available in regular and extended-range versions that provide embeddable wireless for sensors and other devices
- XBee 802.15.4 adapters available in regular and extended-range versions that offer a way to wirelessly enable existing devices that are already field deployed
- ConnectPort X gateways that provide IP connectivity to the 802.15.4 device network over cellular, Wi-Fi or Ethernet, allowing customers to build fully wireless deployments without the need for a wired network infrastructure
- Drop-in Networking kits that allow customers to quickly build a proof-of-concept system from a selection of these different components
The entire range of 802.15.4 products is available now. For more information about Drop-in Networking, visit http://www.digi.com/products/wirelessdropinnetworking/. To listen to a Webinar with Freescale regarding how to wirelessly enable M2M devices and sensors, visit http://www.digi.com/news/videos.jsp?sproduct=18.
About Digi International
Digi International, the leader in device networking for business, develops reliable products and technologies to connect and securely manage local or remote electronic devices over the network or via the web. Digi offers the highest levels of performance, flexibility and quality, and markets its products through a global network of distributors and resellers, systems integrators and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). For more information, visit Digi's Web site at www.digi.com, or call 877-912-3444.