The RabbitCore RCM5400W Development Kit provides all the necessary hardware and software to evaluate the module and quickly get started with your design.
The RabbitCore® RCM5400W module series provides Wi-Fi/802.11b/g functionality which enables you to create low-cost, embedded wireless control and communications solutions for embedded control applications.
RabbitCore modules mount directly onto a user-designed motherboard and act as the controlling microprocessor for the system. Measuring only 1.84" × 2.85" × 0.55" (47 mm × 72 mm × 14 mm), the Rabbit 5000 microprocessor-based RCM5400W series delivers the capability to integrate real-time control and Wi-Fi connectivity into your design.
The Rabbit 5000 delivers the same proven architecture as our industry-proven Rabbit 4000 microprocessor, along with additional features including hardware DMA, higher clock speeds, more I/O lines, six serial ports, and more instructions to reduce code size and improve processing speed.
- Integrated Wi-Fi/802.11b/g wireless connectivity
- Up to 39 general-purpose I/O lines configurable
- Small size: 1.84” × 2.85” × 0.50” (47 mm × 72 mm × 13 mm)
- Faster development time using a fully engineered, “ready-to-run/ready-to-program” microprocessor core module
- Easy C-language program development and debugging
- Complete development kit to get up and running quickly
- Large program memory and data storage
- Easily scalable for commercial deployment applications
- Industrial control
- Remote Terminal Unit (RTU)
- Serial-to-Ethernet bridge
- Building automation
- Remote monitoring and communications
- Security and surveillance
Developing with RabbitCores
The RabbitCore family of microprocessor core modules is designed to facilitate rapid development and implementation of embedded systems. Develop programs with our industry-proven Dynamic C® development system, a C-language environment that includes an editor, compiler and in-circuit debugger.
Download the program from your PC via a USB or serial port, and debug right on the target hardware – no in-circuit emulation is required. This environment reduces effort and speeds hardware and software integration. Rabbit provides an extensive library of drivers and sample programs, along with royalty-free TCP/IP stack with source.
Jumpstart your evaluation and design efforts with a complete development kit, which includes a RCM5400W core module, prototyping board, Dynamic C integrated development environment and documentation on CD-ROM, serial cable for programming and debugging, and Getting Started manual.