XCTU is a free multi-platform application designed to enable developers to interact with Digi RF modules through a simple-to-use graphical interface. It includes new tools that make it easy to set-up, configure and test XBee® RF modules.
XCTU includes all of the tools a developer needs to quickly get up and running with XBee. Unique features like graphical network view, which graphically represents the XBee network along with the signal strength of each connection, and the XBee API frame builder, which intuitively helps to build and interpret API frames for XBees being used in API mode, combine to make development on the XBee platform easier than ever.
Other highlights of XCTU include the following features:
- You can manage and configure multiple RF devices, even remotely (over-the-air) connected devices.
- The firmware update process seamlessly restores your module settings, automatically handling mode and baud rate changes.
- Two specific API and AT consoles, have been designed from scratch to communicate with your radio devices.
- You can now save your console sessions and load them in a different PC running XCTU.
- XCTU includes a set of embedded tools that can be executed without having any RF module connected:
- Frames generator: Easily generate any kind of API frame to save its value.
- Frames interpreter: Decode an API frame and see its specific frame values.
- Recovery: Recover radio modules which have damaged firmware or are in programming mode.
- Load console session: Load a console session saved in any PC running XCTU.
- Range test: Perform a range test between 2 radio modules of the same network.
- Firmware explorer: Navigate through XCTU's firmware library.
- An update process allows you to automatically update the application itself and the radio firmware library without needing to download any extra files.
- XCTU contains complete and comprehensive documentation which can be accessed at any time.