Found the answer to my problem. If anyone still wondering i followed these steps with a sparkfun usb explorer
Recovery processes video i followed
Make sure you have the latest X-CTU software
1. Connect Sparkfun USB Explorer (Without X-CTU running) Your XBee should not be plugged in at the moment
2. On the Sparkfun Explorer I soldered wires to RST and GND on the side close to the USB Plug in. Plug these wires on a bread board together.
3. Start X-CTU and in PC Settings make sure to set Baud to 9600. Flow Control: Hardware. Other settings shouldn't be touched.
4. Go to Modem Configuration (I was using an XBee series 1)
a) Set Modem to the Xbee you are using (mine was XB24) Function set should be first one and select latest version
b) Next hit Show Defaults (crucial part since this is what was my problem... Hehe)
c) Leave Always Update Firmware Unchecked
5. Hit Write ( A reset window should pop up. This is what you want)
6. Carefully plug in your Xbee now into the usb explorer.
7. Once plugged in take out the wires you put into a breadboard or held together.
8. Let it finish writing and you should now have a working XBee radio. Restart X-CTU and you should now be able to read the XBee
Tips: You might get errors such as Flash Checksum Error or Failed to enter Command mode or Detected Baud rate Difference. I have gotten them many times, but just keep trying these steps until it goes through. If done correctly it should fix your XBee. The video I linked really helped me out aswell and applies to all explorers you might be using not just a Sparkfun USB explorer.