I am very new to the Digi world, and am having a devil of a time trying to understand how I can accomplish the following scenario.
1. An xbee sends an analog data sample to the ConnectPort X2 each second.
2. The value is converted from the raw data to a temperature value.
3. The temperature value is stored in the Device Cloud.
Currently I am able to perform steps 1 and 3, but am unable to figure out how to accomplish step 2.
A Couple notes:
- I am running on an X2 and have been told by Digi support that they recommend moving to an X4 if I want to run Dia. This may be the long term plan, but for now I'd like to use the X2's that I have, so apparently Dia is not an option. (?)
- Though I believe it would allow me to send data using Xig, I would like to avoid introducing a micro controller or other device into the data flow due to power restrictions.
I really appreciate any help.