Timing measurements are made with the radio modems in their default configuration. The measurements are made on a pair of modems performing a loopback test. Modem A is connected to the PC Com port and Modem B has a loopback connector.
- Time Ttot is measured from the beginning of data shifted in to Modem A to the end of loopback data shifting out of Modem A.
- Time Tlat is measured from the beginning of data shifted in to Modem A to the beginning of data shifted out of Modem B.
The testing was performed using both 32 byte and 1 byte packets as the test data.
SC / FH
SC / FH
|XStream X09-009||XStream X09-019||XTend XT09
115 / 9.6
|XBee family 115 / 9.6|
|Data throughput (bps)||9600||38400||9600||19200||115.2k / 9600||250k|
|TX Power (mW)||5||5||100||100||1000||1/100|
|RX Sensitivity (dBm)||-108||-104||-110||-107||-100 / -110||-92 / -100|
|Test interface rate (kpbs)||9.6 / 9.6||38.4 / 38.4||9.6||9.6||115.2 / 9.6||115.2 / 9.6|
|Tlat (ms) w/ 1 byte||15 / 48||4.2 / 13||48||42||8.5 / 71
||3.9 / 7.8|
|Ttot (ms) w/ 1 byte||32 / 99||9 / 25||99||90||20 / 182||7.5 / 15.3|
|Tlat (ms) w/ 32 bytes||44 / 73||10 / 18||73||55||13 / 129
||8.0 / 41.3|
|Ttot (ms) w/ 32 bytes||129 / 184||33 / 47||184||131||30 / 264||15.9 / 82.9|
|SC = Single Channel function set FH = Frequency hopping function set|
- XC09-009, X09-009
- Tlat = 46.3 + (0.7 * B) ms, (0 < B <= 39), B = number of bytes
- Tlat = 74.8 ms, (B > 39)
- Tlat = 41.6 + (0.4 * B) ms, (0 < B <= 63), B = number of bytes
- Tlat = 66.8 ms, (B > 63)
- XT09 equations have not yet been calculated.
Note: XC09 and X09 timings are accurate to within +/- 3 ms.