This document outlines the procedure for setting up automatic upgrades on Digi devices within ConnectWare ManagerTools needed:
- To create a firmware pack, you will need to update the firmware.xml file to matchup to your unit. Please see above, under tools needed, for the location of the xml file. You may edit it with Word Pad.
The items you need to be concerned about are:
- devicetype - this must match the devices listed in your ConnectWare Manager, otherwise the devices will not update. In my case, I had a ConnectPort X8.
- oldversion - this is the old firmware version.
- newversion - this is the firmware version you are updating to.
- description - a description of your device with firmware version and firmware part number