Solution: Disable AVG from the system until RealPort is installed.
How to Resolve:
- Open up Device Manager and uninstall any failed installs from the "Multi-port serial adapters" section, by right-clicking the device and clicking "Uninstall".
- Click on Start > Run > msconfig
- Click on the "Services" tab.
- Unselect "AVG Free E-mail Scanner" and "AVG Free WatchDog". (E-mail Scanner may not be listed if it was not installed)
- Click the "Startup" tab.
- Unselect "AVG Internet Security". Click Ok.
- Restart the computer. When it finishes rebooting, install RealPort like normal. Once it completes the installation process, you can re-enable the above 3 items that were previously disabled.