Without a DHCP server and the inability to discover the unit on your network, next the easiest way to set an IP address, is by using ARP-Ping:
An IP address can be configured by manually updating a server's ARP table and then pinging the Digi device. Here are the steps for assigning an IP address using ARP-Ping:
1. Record the MAC address of the Digi device. The MAC address is on the label side (bottom) of the unit.
2. Access a server on the same subnet as the Digi device and get to the command prompt. In Windows, select Start - Run and type in cmd.
3. Manually update the server's ARP table using the Digi device's MAC address and the IP address you want assigned to the Digi device. The following is an example of the command you will issue, where 220.127.116.11 is the IP and 00-00-9d-22-23-60 represents the MAC address:
arp -s 18.104.22.168 00-00-9d-22-23-60
4. Ping the Digi device using the IP address just assigned. For example:
The ping will probably time out before there is a response from the Digi device.
5. Wait 30 seconds and then ping the Digi device again. The Digi device replies to the ping, indicating that the IP address
has been configured.