For Digi ConnectPort X2e Smart Energy gateway deployments, you will want to ensure that there is a networking infrastructure in place that will allow internet access between the Digi gateway and the Device Cloud by Etherios.
- An open Ethernet port will be needed on your internet router, switch or HUB in order to provide network connectivity for the gateway.
- The device will require a DHCP served IP address. Most network routers are automatically configured to serve up IP addresses using DHCP by default.
- The unit pushes data up to the Device Cloud by Etherios on TCP port 3199, but also requires UDP port 123 for NTP server access (required for the SSL communication). Outbound access over these two ports must be opened on the Network Router providing Internet access for the LAN, as well as any firewall(s) between the device and your Network Router.
Before deploying the gateway hardware, you will want to write down the ConnectPort X2e gateway Serial Number (which is also the MAC address and device ID), EUI 64 address and installation code. These can be located on the sticker affixed underneath the unit.
Note: Only one Digi ConnectPort X2e router gateway can be added per coordinator/Smart Meter.
Connect the ConnectPort © X2e SE unit to your network router or ethernet HUB using the provided blue ethernet cable for Ethernet connectivity. This will require that a Ethernet port be available on your network router, modem or switch.
Plug in the power adapter to power on the unit.
Observe the network LED (LED closest to the power connector) on the Digi gateway unit until it turns solid green, indicating that the ConnectPort X2e gateway has successfully established a connection to the Device Cloud by Etherios.
Join with the Coordinator
Once the Device Cloud by Etherios connection has been established, the next step would be to configure the Digi router gateway to join your Smart Energy Coordinator or Smart Meter. The specific steps vary depending on what device is being used as the Smart Energy network coordinator. However, the joining process will involve input of the installation code and possibly the EUI 64 address in order for the coordinator to allow joining.
For Smart Meter Texas customers, joining is done using the Smart Meter Texas web portal. When logged into your Smart Meter Texas account select the HAN Devices menu to add a new HAN device. You will prompted to provide the following information:
- Description - Enter a description for your gateway.
- Type of HAN device - Select: Intelligent Gateway from the drop down
- MAC Address - Here you will enter the EUI 64 address found on the sticker of the Digi unit
- Installation Code - Here you will enter the installation code found on the sticker of the Digi unit.
Livesmartlee Application Configuration
If the Digi Smartlee iPhone, Android or web reporting tools will be utilized for displaying and downloading readings, you will need to register your Digi ConnectPort X2e gateway on the livesmartlee web portal.
Note: Only one gateway device can be added per Smartlee account. This means a separate user account will need to be created for each individual Digi ConnectPort gateway.
Select the Create Account option.
The fields denoted with an asterisk are required.
Once your account is created, click Discover to discover Digi devices on your local network. If your device is not found with the Discover option, you will want to manually enter the last 6 digits of the Digi unit serial number. The serial number (also the MAC address and Device ID) is located on the sticker affixed underneath the unit. This is entered as the Gateway I.D.
Once the gateway is added, you can select the My Apps button from your Smartlee account, which will direct you to the respective application store for downloading the Smartlee iPhone or Android application.
Note: use your livesmartlee credentials for logging into your iPhone or Android Smartlee application.
Clicking the My Reports button from your livesmartlee account will provide an interface for viewing readings, usage history and downloading the data (.csv, .xls and .txt formats).