The Solution explained here is only a workaround which may or may not work depending on your privileges on Host Machine.
Make sure that you have applied all latest patches. Double check by starting Digi ESP -> Package Manager (You should be having an Internet connection)
- If all patches are applied then make sure that you have followed the instructions mentioned here :- http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=3282
- Right Click on Digi ESP shorcut on desktop and go to Properties -> Compaitability
- Run this program in Compaitability Mode -> Win XP SP2
- Privilege Level -> Run this Program in Administrator Mode.
- Go to C:\cygwin420\bin and apply the settings mentioned in point.3 seperately to executables > make.exe , gcc.exe, g++.exe
- If the problem persists contact Support