How to install multiple releases of Digi Embedded Linux(DEL) together
Default DEL installation folder is /usr/local/DigiEL-x.y and should not be installed as root.
Digi Embedded Linux package comes with an Eclipse based IDE 'Digi ESP' .
Digi has tested Digi ESPs on -
- 5.2 on Kubuntu 8.10
- 5.6,5.7 on Kubuntu 10.04.1
- 5.9 on Kubuntu 12.04.1
5.7 is already installed and going to install 5.9 in parallel.
Kubuntu username is : testuser
- Open a Terminal in Kubuntu
- cd to /usr/local
- execute sudo mkdir /usr/local/DigiEL-5.9
- execute sudo chwon testuser:testuser /usr/local/DigiEL-5.9
- Now install DEL 5.9 to /usr/local/DigiEL-5.9