- An open Ethernet port will be needed on your internet router, switch or HUB in order to provide network connectivity for the gateway.
- The unit pushes data up to the Device Cloud by Etherios on TCP port 3199 (3197 for ConnectPort X2 SE products), but also requires UDP port 123 for NTP server access (required for the SSL communication) and UDP port 53 for DNS. Outbound access over these ports must be opened on the Network Router providing Internet access for the LAN, as well as any firewall(s) between the device and your Network Router.
- The device will require a DHCP served IP address. Most home network routers are automatically configured to serve up IP addresses using DHCP by default. Otherwise, a DHCP server will need to be configured in order for the unit to gain internet access. For expert users requiring static IP address assignment, please refer to the following:
1. Connect the ConnectPort X2 SE or X2e SE unit to your network router or Ethernet HUB using the provided blue Ethernet cable for Ethernet connectivity.
2. Plug in the power adapter to power on the unit.
Create/login to a Device Cloud Account:
1. Go to www.etherios.com.
2. Log into your Device Cloud account:
If you are a new user, click the Free Trial button and sign up for a free30-day
Device Cloud account. You can upgrade at any time.
b. if you are an existing user, click the Login button, then select the
U.S. or Europe Device Cloud and enter your login credentials.
3. Navigate to the Device Management menu
1. Click the Add Devices button
2. Click on the Discover button
to discover gateways on the local LAN/Network or to manually add the
gateway,enter in the MAC address and click Add. Example MAC
Where XXXXXX represents the last 6 digits of your
Device MAC address.
(c) To form/provision a Smart Energy Network,
login to https://digi-se.appspot.com using
your Device Cloud credentials.
1. Navigate to the Debug menu
2. Select the desired gateway from the drop down
3. Select the RPC_ZigBee_Interface menu
to the left, followed by add_device. Fill in the
appropriate EUI 64 address and installation code for
the device to join and click Execute. More details on adding
devices can be found here: https://digi-se.appspot.com/edocs/getting_started/adddevices.html
(d) For viewing readings/data, navigate to
the Network -> In-Home Display or Network-> Tree menu
ConnectPort X2e SE as Coordinator
Note: XBee and Network LEDs remain dark during the initial boot of the device. All diagnosis related to these LEDs must be done after the device has been running for at least 60 seconds.
|Color and blink pattern
||The XBee RF module has not started a network.
||The XBee RF module has started a network.