Be sure there are no existing RealPort drivers installed on the system. If so, please remove prior to installing newer versions.
Installation preparation in Linux:
- Log the installation:
# script [ENTER]
- Verify your kernel source is installed and matches your running kernel by typing:
# rpm -qa | grep kernel-source
# uname -r
The version numbers and extensions must match.
- In the directory where the driver source rpm is located, issue the rpmbuild command:
# rpmbuild --rebuild 40002086_H.src.rpm
# cd /usr/src/rpm/RPMS/i586
- Use rpm to install the new driver package by typing:
# rpm -ivv dgrp-1.7-1.i386.rpm [ENTER]
- Load the module by typing and configure your Digi PortServer units using the graphical tool from an Xterm session:
Configuring from the command line:
# insmod dgrp
# dgrp_cfg_node init (ttyid) (ip_address) (number_of_ports)
The following example configures a 16 port PortServer with device names of /dev/ttya00 through /dev/ttya15:
# dgrp_cfg_node init a 192.168.1.1 16
- Completing the installation, press:
# [Ctrl] d
If any errors occur during this installation, please send the file named typescript located in the directory where you began this installation to Support Wizards for analysis.Upon successful installation your devices will be labeled /dev/tty[id][00-99]. The id is specified during the dgrp configuration.