Device Cloud Easy Demo
From Digi Developer
This page is supposed to introduce you into a sample Device Cloud application. These are the special points that are demonstrated in this demo:
- The demos shows the advantages of Device Cloud and our Drop in Networking products:
- Build local intelligence with the Python programming engine that works even without Cellular Connectivity - Connect to the Devices easily via Device Cloud without knowing the IP address
- The local intelligence toggles power control adapter either based on sensor info or I/O toggle (Push button)
- Remote connection to the demo is done via a hosted website that includes the access via Webservices (XML Messages)
This website shows as well the Energy information provided by the smartplug (load, work, Current, Voltage..)
- It is also possible to connect to the device via a smartphone, showing this website.
- ConnectPort X (CPX) with cellular connectivity
- Power control device (here Third Party device: Pikkerton router)
- XBee Sensor (here: /L/T/H Sensor Adapter)
- XBee Development Board
- Sample power plugged device (e.g. lamp)
The Demo configuration is shown as below:
The CPX has to be equipped with these python files:
- dia.zip (generated with make command)
To generate the dia.zip shown above, you also need the complete DIA demo folder which can be downloaded in the last section of this page.
- first step...
- second step...
How it works / How it looks
1. Local intelligence
- Switch 2 on the XBee Development Board turns on the power control adapter. => Light on.
- Switch 3 turns it off
- Switch 4 activates the "auto mode": If the /L/T/H Sensor Adapter measures a light value below a specific level, the power control is turned on, otherwise it is turned off.
- LED 1 represents the state of the power control adapter.
- LED 2 represents the state of the auto mode.
Please visit this page for details.
2. Remote Access
- You can access to the power control information via the Device Cloud server and using any browser-enabled device.
- A dedicated web site allows you to remotely change the state of the demo (switching on/off manually or (de-)activating the auto mode.
Here is a screenshot of the iDigi Easy Demo web interface:
We will give you a short introduction in the key source code, soon with more detail.
Beside the standard DIA library, you need three new pieces:
- device driver for the smartplug - presentation that contains the local intelligence - the .yml file, here is an example