Device Cloud RPM Demo
From Digi Developer
Attention: This page is under construction!
This page is supposed to introduce you into a further sample Device Cloud application. These are the special points that are demonstrated in this demo:
- The application is available via Device Cloud service although the ConnectPort X has a private IP in the cellular network.
- There is local intelligence that remotely toggles a Digi RPM device if some sensor values are dropping below a specific level.
- It is also possible to configure the power control via a website.
- ConnectPort X (CPX) with cellular connectivity
- Digi RPM device
- XBee Wall Router
- Digi Watchport Camera
- Sample power plugged device (e.g. lamp)
The Demo configuration is shown as below:
The CPX has to be equipped with these python files:
- dia.zip (generated with make command)
To generate the dia.zip shown above, you also need the complete DIA demo folder which can be downloaded in the last section of this page.
- first step...
Please don't forget to make sure that the Serial port is free for use by Python. Otherwise you cannot open the COM1 in the python code.
In the CLI the setting should be:
set term port=1 state=off
In the CPX website the Serial Config should show:
Port 1 None Custom 9600 8N1 or Port 1 None Unassigned Custom 9600 8N1
Don't forget to reboot after changing the setting!
- second step...
How it works / How it looks
1. Local intelligence
- If the XBee Wall Router measures a light value below a specific level, the RPM power outlet is turned on, otherwise it is turned off.
- Please refer to Remote Power Management Demo for details on how to configure an Digi RPM device via Python.
2. Remote Access
- You can access to the power control information via the Device Cloud server and using any browser enabled device.
- A dedicated web site allows you to remotely change the state of the demo (switching on/off manually or (de-)activating the auto mode.
Here is a screenshot of the iDigi Energy Demo web interface:
We will give you a short introduction in the key source code, soon.
There is no source, yet.