What happens when a couple hundred technologists, visionaries and business leaders get together in one place? Amazing conversation, new ways of utilizing big data actioned and experiences are shared. We saw it happen this week at Internet of Things North America, a new event that covers advanced connectivity and cloud based monitoring and control of devices, facilities, automobiles and enterprise operations.
An incredible roster of speakers covered IoT topics including:
- Dan Shey, Practice Director, ABI Research on The Industrial Internet in 2020 and Beyond
- Maha Muzumdar, VP, Supply Chain, Oracle on IoT and Value Chain of Things
- Matt Meshulam, TempoIQ on How Will Your IoT Application Outlive the Hype?
- Eric Uner, CTO, Redwall Technologies provided an IoT Security Primer
- Matthew Mikell, Big Data Manager, IBM on a Model for Data Equity
- Beverly Macy, Instructor, UCLA Anderson School of Management on Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud
- Thomas Burns, Director for IOT Analytics Software, Intel on The Internet of Things and Manufacturing
A Few Top Takeaways–
Organizational alignment is a key driver of Internet of Things solutions.
“One of the biggest challenges for organizations today? Alignment goals, measures, performance across functional groups.” - Maha Muzumdar, Oracle
Successful IoT strategies and systems consider the end result first.
“People aren’t buying the tools, they’re buying the end results. Like the saying, ‘we don’t want the hammer and nails we want the picture on the wall.'” - Matt Meshulam, TempoIQ
It’s time for new systems in the enterprise, not just for operational efficiencies, but for the productivity of employees.
“Legacy Tools are failing us…” - Beverly Macy, UCLA
We took the stage and shared how the systems that our customers like Clean Hands Safe Hands, ATEK and Heat Seek have implemented can not only revolutionize customer service, but put data in the hands of employees to set them up for success like never before. As technologists and business leaders, it’s our responsibility to utilize technology to equip great people to do their jobs even better. You can learn about more living Internet of Things solutions here.
Keep an eye out for a recap of our session, we’ll post it here soon.