With great pleasure, Digi is celebrating 35 years of being in business, delivering M2M and IoT solutions to customers worldwide, with a relentless focus on driving innovation and helping our customers to deploy mission critical solutions. It has been an amazing trajectory so far, and as the Internet of Things is still in its infancy, we look forward to the next 35.
Digi International Business Highlights
The business developments and innovations that have transpired since we celebrated our last major milestone on our 30th
birthday in 2015 remind us all of how far we’ve come. Here are just a few of the highlights from the past 5 years:
- Full refresh of the Digi brand in October 2015
- Hired a director to lead our Wireless Design Services group in March 2016
- Hired a global sales leader (later elevated to President of our IoT Products and Services division), October 2016
- Multiple acquisitions in the “cold chain” monitoring, including Smart Temps. Smart Temps was later combined with other acquisitions into SmartSense by Digi (April 2018) – a division offering temperature monitoring solutions for the food service, retail, education and medical industries.
- Acquired Accelerated Concepts, provider of enterprise-class cellular and networking solutions, January 2018
- Announced new VP of sales for Digi EMEA region, March 2018
- Held first exclusive Digi Global IoT Conference, delivering thought leadership content and networking opportunities for Digi customers and partners, May 2018
- Announced decision to move to new Digi global headquarters, October 2018
- Hired new Digi CFO to lead continued Digi growth and operational excellence, May 2019
- Announced second exclusive Digi Global IoT Conference for customers and partners, May 2019
- Showcased the milestone of Digi XBee modules surpassing 15 million shipments, July 2019
- Acquired Opengear, a global provider of critical IT infrastructure solutions, November 2019
- Digi selected as an NXP Early Access Partner for i.MX8 applications processor development, December 2019
- Announced secure remote worker support, with networking solutions, including cellular connectivity and out-of-band management for organizations to safely and securely connect remote employees, April 2020
Digi International Product and Solution Announcements
In the last 5 years, our path has also been liberally sprinkled with major product announcements and solution rollouts to continually support customers in deploying robust IoT applications across the enterprise, retail, industrial, smart cities, government and medical landscapes.
Here are just a few highlights of new product and service introductions since 2015:
- Digi XBee® Cellular embedded modems for OEM cellular development, January 2017
- Digi ConnectCore® i.MX6UL SOM, a compact, intelligent module for embedded designs, April 2017
- Digi XBee Cellular LTE-M/NB-IoT modules, pre-certified for global IoT development, September 2017
- Digi XBee 3 Cellular micro-form factor for advanced IoT edge connectivity, January 2018
- Digi IX14 intelligent edge computing router for industrial applications, February 2019
- Digi Remote Manager® advanced IoT device monitoring and management solution upgrades, March 2019
- LTE migration services for organizations migrating 2G and 3G installations to 4G LTE networks, March 2019
- Digi AnywhereUSB® Plus – the next generation of Digi’s USB hub solutions – with Gigabit speeds and scalable USB 3.1, April 30, 2019
- Digi ConnectCore 8X Development Kits, based on the NXP i.MX8 processor, for designing, prototyping and developing embedded IoT applications, May 2019
- Digi Connect® IT family, with remote console management and full integration with Digi Remote Manager, July 2019
- FirstNet Ready™ Digi WR54 cellular router for first responder communications, July 2019
- Digi XBee Tools, a suite of hardware, software and cloud tools to support developers in rapid development, fast time-to-market and ongoing monitoring of IoT solutions, July 2019
- SmartSense IoT Platform for enterprise-wide operational insights, September 2019
- Digi ConnectCore 8M Nano, based on the NXP i.MX8 applications processor, to help developers accelerate time-to-market, December 2019
- Networking solutions with cellular connectivity and out-of-band management for organizations to safely and securely support remote employees, April 2020
- Digi TX54 and Digi TX64 high-speed cellular routers for critical infrastructure, digital signage, intelligent traffic management and public transit applications
- SmartSense by Digi Safetemps 10-second health screening solution, May 2020
- Opengear NetOps Console Server out-of-band appliance solutions, May 2020
- Digi IX20 industrial cellular router for critical assets, digital signage and service terminals, June 2020
Digi Highlighted in Innovations of the World
Check out our recent highlight in the beautiful online Innovations of the World initiative!
The feature is part of a global project to highlight innovative, forward-thinking companies around the world, and appears in the Innovate Minnesota publication. Digi is proud to have been selected as a featured company.
Finding Your Way on Digi.com
In addition to the company milestones we've shared, we will take this opportunity to highlight these rich content areas of our site where you can read more:
- Digi website – newly enhanced features:
- IoT Products and Services space, designed for ease-of-navigation through Digi’s Embedded Systems, Networking and IoT Software and Services offerings
- Webinars space, where you can find upcoming and recorded Digi educational sessions
- Solutions tab, allowing visitors to explore the IoT applications, technologies and industries Digi technologies support
- Digi Blog: Covering thought leadership, technical insights and applications in the IoT industry
- Customer Stories: A showcase of exciting case studies we have developed with Digi customers who shared the story of their IoT deployments
- Digi Awards: A list of industry awards and recognition we have received for our products and solutions
- Digi News and media coverage: See what's happening at Digi, including press releases, media coverage, events and announcements
We are exceptionally proud of these milestones and achievements, as well as the growth and success we have enjoyed through the years, and we extend a hearty thank you to our customers and partners for putting trust in Digi as your solutions partner!
Why Choose Digi?
Digi is your complete IoT solution provider
, supporting every aspect of your project.
: We are there for you when you want to assess how an IoT solution can solve your burning needs. Our embedded modules provide a comprehensive platform for prototyping and development, including software development tools and libraries. And if you need assistance, Digi’s Wireless Design Services
team can provide any level of support, from consultations to complete end-to-end product development.
: Digi provides the complete communications backbone you need for a secure and scalable IoT deployment of any size, including cellular routers, gateways and modems for wireless connectivity, as well as the tools, resources and application development services to put it all together. Digi’s Professional Services
team has supported deployments of thousands of devices in industrial and commercial applications.
: Digi Remote Manager®
supports the visibility, security and scalability of your IoT deployment. This comprehensive platform offers a single window into your device network - no matter how vast - as well as automated configuration fixes, alerts and the ability to deploy mass firmware updates with the click of a button.
About Digi International
Digi International (Nasdaq: DGII) is a leading global provider of business and mission-critical Internet of Things (IoT) and IT solutions. We help our customers create next-generation connected products and applications. Digi’s solutions support commercial and industrial enterprises in deploying, monitoring and managing critical infrastructure in demanding environments with high levels of security, relentless reliability and bulletproof performance, while meeting stringent compliance standards.
Join our newsletter
to keep up with Digi news, or reach out
to start a conversation.