This Digi XBee Zigbee Light demonstrates the capabilities of cloud-connected, industrial lighting. It was designed with an Digi XBee Zigbee module, and an Digi XBee gateway to create a cloud-connected wireless lighting solution that can be monitored and controlled from a cloud-based application.
This particular industrial light was created by our very own Digi experts to be showcased at events like electronica 2016. Hence the reason why the board is placed below the light, but in reality it would be embedded in the light fixture itself.
- 1 Digi XBee Cloud Kit Development Board (55001789-02) and XBee-PRO Zigbee module (XBP24CZ7PIT-001)
- 1 Digi XBee Zigbee Gateway (Eth/Wi-Fi) w/ power supply
- 1 Light
- 1 Ethernet Cable
- 1 Digi XBee Smart Plug
- 1 Micro-USB Cable
In the Heroku app for the kit, there are 4 widgets:
- Street Light control – turns the LED on and off
- Ambient light – measures the light on the sensor placed directly below the light. Presented as a percentage 0-100%
- Housing temperature – measures the temperature on the development board
- Street Light Watts – measures the current draw of the light in Watts
TheDigi XBee Zigbee Cloud interface would look something like this: