Connected Traffic Systems - How Cellular is Changing the Game
- Nathan Wade, Strategic Account Manager - Public Sector; Digi International
May 12, 2020 - 10:00-10:45 am Central
Since the beginning of remote asset connectivity, municipalities all over the world have sought ways to make their cities smarter by connecting traffic systems to a central computer system. From POTS lines to twisted-pair copper to fiber and advanced RF private wireless networks, municipalities have spent huge sums of capital and operating budgets to get their traffic systems connected with their backend systems. No longer is this the case! The evolution of cellular technology, specifically 4G LTE, now exceeds the capabilities of both wired and wireless networking solutions previously utilized in traffic systems. Municipalities can now connect ALL of their remote assets to backend systems for a fraction of the upfront cost of running wired networks and a fraction of the operating cost of maintaining a private wireless network.
Attend our webinar with Nathan Wade, Strategic Account Manager at Digi on Tuesday, May 12 at 10:00 a.m. This session will cover:
- How cellular technology has transformed the traffic management landscape
- The benefits of connecting traffic systems anywhere, all the time, with one device
- Applications on the horizon and how to future-proof traffic systems
- Other key considerations including cloud management and security when making this type of an investment
Join us on Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. Central.