Edge Compute: The Silver Lining to Your IoT Cloud
Kevin Eichhorst, Senior Principal Solutions Architect, Digi International
Matt Dunham, Senior Principal Systems Engineer and Solution Architect, Digi International
Thursday, September 10, 2020 - 10:00-10:45 am Central Time
Learn how computing at the network edge can increase efficiency and lower IoT costs.
Many organizations are rolling out IoT solutions and deploying sensors and smart devices to gather and process information about their processes and operations. From this data, analytics are developed, patterns emerge, and events requiring some action or response are identified. Yet while some events require human intervention, in many other cases the responses can be automated. In this webinar, we’ll investigate several use cases where organizations are adding computation capabilities at the edge — in close physical proximity to where networks connect to the IoT. We’ll discuss situations where edge computing makes operational sense and consider the factors that can make it the most cost-effective choice for your IoT needs.
In this 30-minute, informative webinar (followed by Q&A) you’ll learn why:
- The increasing volume of IoT data demands more efficient allocation of processing
- Edge computing provides a near real-time response to local events
- Processing at the edge can reduce data flow and significantly lower networking costs
- Standard “heartbeat” data needs to be distinguished from data requiring a response
- Only a fraction of monitoring data needs to go to the corporate data center
Attend this webinar to learn why edge computing is likely to play an important role in your future IoT deployments.
Join us on Thursday, September 10, 2020, 10:00-10:45 am Central Time.