Transit Technology: Better Connectivity, Lower Costs
Steve Mazur; Business Development Director, Government; Digi International
May 28, 2020 - 10:00-10:45 am Central
Learn how technology advances enable one router to support all transit vehicle applications
In the world of urban and regional mass transit, driver and passenger safety, routing, scheduling, fuel efficiency, vehicle maintenance and more can all be enhanced with today’s wireless solutions. This free online webinar will outline key considerations for transit organizations selecting equipment and solutions for their wireless networks. You’ll see how to achieve maximum performance from your networks, so you can deliver maximum performance—and the best passenger experience—from your transportation resources.
This informative, 30-minute webinar (followed by Q&A) will show:
- The benefits of choosing integrated mobile access routers to support transit communications
- Recent advances in communications technology, equipment and services relevant to transit
- How a single router can now support all onboard systems, by segmenting data traffic and differentiating priority and security by application type
- Key elements and functions of mobile network architecture and why automation plays an important role in strengthening network security and reliability
- Techniques to reconfigure parked buses into community Wi-Fi hotspots for educational broadband access
Attendees will learn about transportation routers rugged enough to take the punishment of daily use in outdoor environments around the world, such as the Digi WR54 and WR64, and the new generation of high-speed Digi TX54 and TX64 routers. You’ll also learn about Digi Remote Manager, the scalable, cloud-based solution for securely configuring and managing wireless devices remotely.
Join us on Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. Central