Cellular Gateway Solution for No or Low Power Locations Fully Certified for Leading 4G LTE Network
MINNETONKA, Minn., Sept. 7, 2016 – Digi International®, (NASDAQ: DGII, www.digi.com), a leading global provider of machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services, today announced that Digi Connect® Sensor has been certified to operate on AT&T’s 4G LTE network, having achieved technical acceptance (TA) from AT&T’s Network Ready Lab.
Digi Connect Sensor is a battery-powered, enterprise-ready, cellular gateway solution for wireless connectivity enabling the transmission of data from any remote sensor or device at locations with either no power or low power.
In offering a plug-and-play solution, Connect Sensor allows for remote sensor monitoring to be deployed in environments previously considered too harsh, remote or not economically viable. Digi Connect Sensor is ideal for connecting new sensors and devices to a 4G network, or migrating 2G or 3G sites to 4G for speed, performance and investment protection.
AT&T’s Network Ready Lab program ensures that a product receiving AT&T’s technical acceptance meets AT&T’s performance, interoperability and feature requirements, and that it is approved to operate on AT&T’s 4G LTE network.
“With our continued investment in 4G technology and this certification, organizations can quickly realize the powerful benefits of the combination of Digi International products with the AT&T LTE network,” said Joel Young, chief technology officer, Digi International. “With the reach of the AT&T network and the flexibility of Connect Sensor, we’re offering a pre-certified, reliable, remote monitoring solution to manage operations in remote or harsh environments where previously it simply wasn’t possible.”
Digi Connect Sensor key features include:
- Flexible power source options: Features a long-lasting, non-rechargeable battery with two to three-year average life, sleep mode to conserve power between sensor readings and the option to power from an external source using the internal battery as backup power. As a result, users have the flexibility to make the device self-powered, or take advantage of existing power supplies, including solar.
- Cellular choice: For global connectivity, Connect Sensor is available in 3G HSPA+ with 2G fallback. North American users can also choose an LTE CAT 1 version.
- Supports LTE CAT 1: With support for LTE CAT 1, the band specifically created for IoT and M2M communications, Connect Sensor devices are highly efficient, require less power and are optimized for data transfer.
- Sensor variety and flexibility: Multiple I/O options and simultaneous connections offer solution flexibility to address multiple sensor-based environments. Connect Sensor can work with virtually any 4/20mA, Analog Out, Digital Out or Pulsed Output sensor, and can power multiple external sensors, eliminating the need for external supplies or batteries.
- Enterprise-grade security: Security may be implemented at the device, transport and platform level.
- Appropriate for harsh environments: Features weather-proof NEMA 4 enclosure to protect sensors from the elements, as well as ATEX Group 2 and UL Class 1 Division 2 ratings.
- Increased awareness and customized reporting: Integration with Digi Device Cloud provides visibility and centralized management for all Connect Sensor devices; Device Cloud also serves as the platform for sensor data collection.
- Increased levels of customization: Configurable read/report intervals and customizable alarms provide alerts when sensor value is above or below threshold levels.
Digi will be demonstrating Connect Sensor at booth #5651 in the M2M Zone at CTIA Super Mobility 2016 taking place Sept. 7-9, 2016 at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada.
For more information on Digi Connect Sensor visit http://www.digi.com/connectsensor.
About Digi International
Digi International (NASDAQ: DGII) is a leading global provider of business and mission-critical machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services. We help our customers create next-generation connected products and deploy and manage critical communications infrastructures in demanding environments with high levels of security, relentless reliability and bulletproof performance. Founded in 1985, we’ve helped our customers connect over 100 million things, and growing. For more information, visit Digi's website at www.digi.com, or call 877-912-3444 (U.S.) or 952-912-3444 (International).
Office: +1 781-418-2402