MINNETONKA, Minn., and SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 5, 2017 – Digi International®, (NASDAQ: DGII, www.digi.com), a leading global provider of machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services, today unveiled the innovative features and capabilities powering the newest Digi XBee Cellular modems.
Digi will be introducing three new variants to its lineup: Digi XBee Cellular modem designed for the AT&T Cat 1 cellular network, Digi XBee Cellular LTE–M, and Digi XBee Cellular NB–IoT. These latest Digi XBee Cellular modems will include the following significant upgrades/features:
- Programmability - Local intelligence programmed on the modem itself. Rules engines and application logic can transform data, control local I/O, connect to Bluetooth sensors, actively manage utilization of the cellular link and optimize cellular data plans.
- Full USB Support – Supports wide range of applications, from basic to more complex LINUX-based applications/systems; direct USB communication for apps with native control requirements.
- Bluetooth Ready – Software-upgradeable to Bluetooth Low Energy (BT LE) and Bluetooth Mesh connectivity. Allows simple and quick local setup, provisioning, and troubleshooting capabilities using modern mobile phones and tablets, as well as sensor connectivity.
- Advanced Manageability Features - Support robust OTA firmware upgrades, Digi’s easy-to-use RF management and configuration tool Digi XCTU, and remote management through Digi Remote Manager™.
- Security - Hardened with built-in Digi TrustFence™ device security.
These three new variants strengthen the already existing, robust Digi XBee product line, including the Digi XBee Cellular 3G and Digi XBee Cellular Cat 1 for Verizon, making the platform capable of meeting all wireless needs – from cellular, to ZigBee, to Wi-Fi protocols. It offers device manufacturers unmatched integration flexibility and the ability to standardize on one module platform and single hardware footprint across products, applications, and cellular networks for everything from relatively simple local applications to complex, globally deployed solutions.
“Fully pre-certified across key carriers, our next-generation Digi XBee Cellular smart modems deliver a platform offering complete design freedom for cellular IoT connectivity integration from LTE Cat 1 all the way to LTE-M and NB-IoT LPWAN technology,” said Senior Director Product Management, Embedded Systems at Digi International, Mike Rohrmoser. “The Digi XBee Cellular has been built on over a decade of wireless expertise. This creates an entirely new class of connected smart end nodes based on the one and only proven Digi XBee platform.”
Arrow Electronics, a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions, has selected Digi XBee Cellular LTE-M for Arrow's LTE-M Starter Kit. Digi XBee Cellular has also recently earned the prestigious Bronze status in the Golden Bridge Awards® in the Innovations in Technology (ALL) – Information Technology Services category.
For more information on the next-generation Digi XBee Cellular modem, please visit http://www.digi.com/pr/digi-xbee-cellular.
About Digi International
Digi International (NASDAQ: DGII) is a leading global provider of business and mission-critical machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services. We help our customers create next-generation connected products and deploy and manage critical communications infrastructures in demanding environments with high levels of security, relentless reliability and bulletproof performance. Founded in 1985, we’ve helped our customers connect over 100 million things, and growing. For more information, visit Digi's website at www.digi.com, or call 877-912-3444 (U.S.) or 952-912-3444 (International).
Office: +1 781-418-2400