The RabbitCore RCM4100 is the entry platform for the Rabbit® 4000 family of core modules. It is designed to mount directly to a user-supplied motherboard and acts as the microprocessor of the embedded system. The microprocessor features 40 GPIO lines shared with up to six CMOS-compatible serial ports, and four levels of alternate pin functions that include variable phase PWM, quadrature decoder, and input capture.
The RCM4100, with its robust feature set, ample memory, lowpower modes and analog, is ready for peripheral connectivity and I/O control for true device monitoring and control. Evaluation is easy with the RabbitCore RCM4100 development kit, which provides all the necessary hardware and software to quickly get started.
The RCM4100 microprocessor core modules are compact, powerful control devices for embedded applications that require I/O control, data handling, and peripheral connectivity.
The RCM4100 series is the first of the next generation core modules to take advantage of the Rabbit® 4000 microprocessor. The Rabbit 4000 features a clock speed of up to 60 MHz, hardware DMA, auxiliary I/O, quadrature decoder, input capture, 40 GPIO lines shared with up to six serial ports, and four levels of alternate pin functions that include variable phase PWM. The 500+ new operational code instructions increase processing efficiency. The RCM4100 series features a small footprint of 1.41” x 1.88” (36 mm x 48 mm), complete with the Rabbit 4000 microprocessor, 512K Flash, and 256K or 512K data SRAM. The RCM4100 model adds an 8-channel A/D converter. Three versions are available for varying speeds and memory options. The RCM4100 core modules provide the I/O control and connectivity for a wide range of real-world embedded applications.
RabbitCores mount directly onto a user-designed motherboard, and can interface with CMOS-compatible digital devices via the user’s motherboard. Programs are developed with our industry-proven Dynamic C® development system, a C language environment that includes an editor, compiler, and in-circuit debugger. Programming is easy with hundreds of samples and libraries that are pre-developed, for a user to be up and running in no time. No in-circuit emulator is required, no third party tools needed.
Dynamic C ensures optimal support for Rabbit 4000-based solutions. Dynamic C enhanced compiler generates smaller code, support for far pointers and far data for easy access to external memory devices, improvements to AES encryption libraries, and a new I/O configuration utility that helps assign pin functions and guides those selections so that conflicts can be avoided.
- Rabbit® 4000 at up to 58.98 MHz
- Up to 40 GPIO with multi-level alternate pin functions
- 6 CMOS-compatible serial ports
- 512K Flash, 256K or 512K Data SRAM
- Low-power modes
- 8-channel, 12-bit A/D converter (RCM4100)
- Auxiliary I/O feature for reducing processor bus loading
- Small footprint at 36 mm x 48 mm
- Optimized for use with Dynamic C®, a powerful integrated development environment
- Ideal for device intelligence and control
- Well suited for easy integration with peripheral technologies such as GPS, cellular modems, RFID readers, sensors, etc.
- Support for hardware DMA, variable phase PWM, and parity
- Security-key feature with “tamper detect” and encryption capabilities adds peace of mind for OEM’s and system integrators
- Complete microprocessor, on-board memory, and hundreds of sample programs reduces time-to-market by months
- Device-level control
- Remote data logging
- Asset management
- Security Access Systems
- Wireless device/data management