Low power mode functionality is provided by the digipowercontrol which is supported on Digi products with the special power control hardware. An exception will be thrown if you attempt to use these routines on a device which does not support power control.
The power control device is not responsible for determining when a device or its peripherals should be powered off. This intelligence is left to the applications running in the device. The following operations are supplied via the embedded Python digipowercontrol module so that applications can:
- Turn off the system power
- Turn off the system power until a future time (scheduled wakeup)
- Independently control the power of the cellular modem (default state is on when the device is first connected to power)
- Independently control the power of an Orbcomm satellite modem, if present (default state is off whenever the processor is powered on)
- Determine the current state of the power sources managed by the power control module
- Get a hint, when possible, as to the reason the system was powered on
Descriptions of supported methods and types follow.