Home/Support/Support Forum/Maximum Serial Rate?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Maximum Serial Rate?

0 votes
I am interested in this product, but was curious: without flow control enabled, how fast can the serial connection continuously send data to the wi-sp, and not have any data lost? I am currious because I current have a wi-fly and it can't keep up with the serial connection unless I turn the baud rate way down. It fills up the buffer and data is lost. So can it handle the maximum rate (230,400 bps) without flow control?
Thanks!
asked Jul 25, 2012 in Plug N' Play by nowakowskis New to the Community (0 points)
recategorized Dec 4, 2013 by tuxembb

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
I think that's hard to define - both have quite a bit of memory so I'd expect several K of data 'backup' in front of the TCP socket to occur before they start dropping data.

One alternative - both the current Sp and WiSP support Python, which means you could create a small program to collect and buffer several mega-byte of data internal to the product. So you have 1 loop collecting serial data, and a second one trying to send chucks out TCP.
answered Jul 29, 2012 by lynnl Veteran of the Digi Community (1,047 points)