Home/Support/Support Forum/break off the read / write function on the com port one or two ?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

break off the read / write function on the com port one or two ?

0 votes
I have a question over the work with the Com interface. I use the Com interface in my application to receive data from a measuring instrument and send data to the measuring instrument. Problem is, the server (connectwisp) hangs up and wait on this point if the measuring instrument does not answer. Is there a function those waiting breaks off if the measuring instrument does not answer?
asked Aug 30, 2007 in NET+OS by mentzer New to the Community (25 points)
recategorized Dec 4, 2013 by tuxembb

Please log in or register to answer this question.

6 Answers

0 votes
The problem is repaired. I have forget to open the interface in the “non blocking mode”.

Marcus
answered Aug 31, 2007 by mentzer New to the Community (25 points)
0 votes
You can also use select() with a timeout on serial file descriptors in NET+OS.
answered Sep 3, 2007 by charliek Veteran of the Digi Community (408 points)
0 votes
Do serial file descriptors work with select() in netos 6.3? I'm having problems because for the majority of the time, select() is returning after timing out.
answered Sep 6, 2007 by fyicc New to the Community (18 points)
0 votes
Strange, when i use the O_NONBLOCK flag the open call fails everytime.
In my case the port doesnt block at all, even without specifying the flag.
answered Sep 4, 2008 by farlane New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
Select works in 6.3, make sure you've grabbed the latest patches from the website though.
answered Sep 25, 2008 by charliek Veteran of the Digi Community (408 points)
0 votes
I'd say it's probably not blocking becaues it's erroring out. Try calling getErrno() to get the error message that's being returned.
answered Sep 25, 2008 by charliek Veteran of the Digi Community (408 points)