Home/Support/Support Forum/Can't program non-JTAG Modules
New and improved user forum site going live on 12/6 (All users will need to reset their password when the new forum is active)
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Can't program non-JTAG Modules

0 votes
Hi All,

I've been developing an application on connect me. I based my application on the ESP tutorial project (NetOS 7.1), and soon got the FTP system up and running. During development, I have successfully used FTP to transfer changes. I have changed the BSP (to change the flash volume configuration and speed-up the boot process), so I transfer both the ROM.BIN file and the IMAGE.BIN file before rebooting the module. All worked very well.

The problem now is that if I program a non-jtag module with the same code using the RAM-based FTP host that comes preloaded, it stops talking altogether, and I assume can't be recovered. The non-jtag modules in question are ConnectME-CF/W.

At the moment, my code reads the MAC address only from NVRAM. It has a fixed IP. The "production" units my customer has supplied are quite old... NetOS V6.0, but I assume that the MAC address is stored in the same place, and even if it were corrupt that this wouldn't stop it working.

Any ideas please?

Peter
asked Sep 24, 2007 in NET+OS by PeterHawkin New to the Community (0 points)
recategorized Dec 18, 2013 by tuxembb

Please log in or register to answer this question.