Home/Support/Support Forum/Authentication Certificates
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Authentication Certificates

0 votes
I'm trying to configure the Wi-ME to use client certificates for authentication. I'm using a p7b file for the cert and a pvk for the private key. Are those formats acceptable to the Wi-ME?

When I try to upload the files the Wi-ME loads a blank page (http://192.168.50.121/Forms/wireless_8021x_config_2). When I go back to the authentication page it shows no installed certificates. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
asked Mar 30, 2007 in Plug N' Play by criegel New to the Community (1 point)
recategorized Dec 18, 2013 by tuxembb

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
Chris,

Try using a p12b file. I know products can sometimes be picky about certificate formats when it comes to stuff like this.

Keith
answered Mar 30, 2007 by kjensen8 Veteran of the Digi Community (653 points)
0 votes
Thanks for your reply.

I started out with a p12 cert, but the Wi-EM required a private key as a separate file. I can't just upload one file that contains the private cert within it. So I went looking for other formats I might try...

When I try to submit the p12 cert with pvk private cert I get "Certificate upload failed: Wrong password or unrecognized certificate file format".

I get the farthest with the p7b/pvk combo, but like I said it just takes me to a blank page.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
answered Mar 30, 2007 by criegel New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
Chris,

One other thought is to break the certificate into different files. If I remember correctly, there is the key section and then a cypher section or something like that. I thought I read somewhere the digi likes them in seperate files; but I haven't tested it myself.

Keith
answered Apr 6, 2007 by kjensen8 Veteran of the Digi Community (653 points)