Home/Support/Support Forum/SNMP read/write
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

SNMP read/write

0 votes
Hi. I´m developing a system based in Digi Connect Me. I have requirements to fulfill. I need execute read/write operation through SNMP. Digi Connect user guide say about SNMP implementation:

"While its capabilities are limited to device monitoring and display of statistics in Connect
devices, read/write capabilities are expected to be added to Connect devices in
future releases."

Are there some new firmware for Digi Connect Me to do read/write operations over SNMP?

I must use SNMP, is a requirement. Many thanks.
asked May 13, 2011 in NET+OS by joebazoka New to the Community (0 points)
recategorized Dec 5, 2013 by tuxembb

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
If you use the custom version, where you write your own code, you can certainly both read and write with SNMP.
answered May 19, 2011 by steved2 Seasoned Professional (151 points)
0 votes
I admit that this is a little old but in NET+OS V7.5 the example application shows how to create code (using the MIB compiler) allowing the agent to read/write from request from a MIB browser. There is also code in the applicaton show how to write from the application (not based on a request from a MIB browser). This would be used to update device data in the MIB where the change was based on some change in the device as opposed to a change requested from a MIB browser.
answered Oct 5, 2012 by dakotas_dad Veteran of the Digi Community (694 points)