Home/Support/Support Forum/building from the command line
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

building from the command line

0 votes
I'm curious on how I should build my uboot project from the command line. I'm using a ant script to build CE but I also need to build Uboot. Currently I launch VisStudio and select Digit Add-ins>U-Boot Manager. Then I navigate to where my uboot code is. Then right click on the folder and select either build or rebuild. I know that uboot uses the c:\cygwin420 folder. I have a build_settings.xml file that I assume I need to pass in.

There is a makefile in my source code. and I know there is a make.exe in the cygwin folder. I just want to be sure I'm building it with the proper parameters. Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks!
jeff
asked Jan 6, 2012 in Windows CE by CoJeff New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
I ran make from our sources folder and it did build file u-boot-ccwmx51js.bin. However the file built through the gui was a little bigger than the one built by hand.
By command line build produced the u-boot-ccwmx51js.bin was 330kb and if I were to build in through VisStudio it will produce a file with 404kb. Any ideas on why these two pieces have different sizes?
answered May 18, 2012 by CoJeff New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
I seem to recall that there was a bug in the script that VS runs that adds padding to the U-Boot image that doesn't need to be there. But that was a long time ago. It could be that bug you are seeing.
answered Jun 7, 2012 by mcarver Community Contributor (108 points)