Home/Support/Support Forum/Digi CM 32 direct port access
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Digi CM 32 direct port access

0 votes
Now I have to be doing something wrong here. I'm re-configuring my Digi CM 32 since the settings all went back to the factory defaults.

I have set everything up (or so I thought) to allow direct port access. The digi has an IP address of 10.1.1.7, and the ports are set up with internal IP's of 192.168.0.101-132 on ports 7001-7032 respectively (with everything using SSH).

Now, following the documentation, I should be able to ssh admin@10.1.1.7 -p 7002 to get directly to port 2. However, if I do that, after a while of waiting I get :
ssh: connect to host 10.1.1.7 port 7002: Connection timed out

I must be missing some critical step here and I was wondering if someone could point out the step that I must be missing..

Thanks!
asked Jul 15, 2004 in Console Servers by wesmoc New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Your router or firewall might be blocking requests for that TCP port. Configuration is relatively easy, so I'd check that.
answered Jul 15, 2004 by michaelt Veteran of the Digi Community (757 points)
0 votes
I think I have the same problem on 2x Passport 48s. This is usually very easy to setup, but for some reason I can't get it to work with these 2 new ones. I'm on a direct connection when trying (no firewalls involved).

What I did was to modify the security profile, setting all serial connections to ssh. Do I need to take any additional configuration steps?
answered Jan 10 by One84 New to the Community (2 points)