Home/Support/Support Forum/PORTSERVER II FreeBSD
New and improved user forum site coming soon
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

PORTSERVER II FreeBSD

0 votes
Hey guys, I bought this digi portserver II hoping that i could connect it to a freebsd server.. I've gotten as far as telneting to the ip of the digi and port 2003, and it connects and just sits there..

Is this incompatibilities with the OS? or did i configure somthing wrong in the digi? i have the console speed on freebsd set to 115200, same with the port range 1-16, and ttyd0 is accepting the connection.. not sure what to look at next, do i need any hardware or software flow control? i'd appreciate any help and an example config, thanks!
asked May 11, 2005 in Portserver TS by jeev New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
What types of devices will you be connecting?

Using the method where you are connecting to 2003, allows communication with the attached device. What is attached to port 3 on your unit? Let's say for example you have an external modem attached to port 3 (2003), you can connect to the 2003 socket (i.e. port 3) and issue modem AT commands directly.

If you would like attached terminals to automatically establish a telnet session to your FreeBSD host, you can configure autoconnect:

#> set port auto=on dest=(IP_of_FreeBSD_host) dport=23 range=(port#) dev=term

Hope this helps.
answered May 12, 2005 by userid0 Veteran of the Digi Community (2,158 points)