Home/Support/Support Forum/PORTSERVER TS 2 CONNECT WITH TLK
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

PORTSERVER TS 2 CONNECT WITH TLK

0 votes
WHAT I HAVE TO DO FOR CONFIGURE TS2 WITH ATTACHED A TLK (TERMINAL BADGE ) ??.
I HAVE THE CABLE AS THE SPECIFIC IN MANUAL RJ45-DB25. BUT
I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM, I CAN NOT CONNECT PORTSERVER
TS2 WITH TLK (TERMINAL BADGE).
I HAVE A SOFTWARE WHERE IS CONFIGURED A LAN OF TLK WITH IP ADDRESS AND TCP PORT EXAMPLE: 10.10.0.2 PORT TCP 2050.
WHEN I DO SETUP OF TS2 I INSERT IP OF TS2 10.10.0.2 BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE I CAN INSERT THE TCP PORT AND WOULD BE KNOW IF I MUST SETUP THE OTHER FIELD.

THANK YOU VERY MUTCH.
asked Nov 11, 2004 in Portserver TS by renegade7 New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
I CAN CHANGE TCP PORT FROM SOFTWARE IF IS NECESSARY. IF A POSSIBLE MAY I HAVE A CONFIGURATION FOR SETUP OF TS2 FOR MY PROBLEM?????

AGAIN THANKS
answered Nov 11, 2004 by renegade7 New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
It sounds like you're trying to console this TLK.

If so, what you would want to do is telnet into the Portserver TS2 and send the following commands after logging in as root (default pw: dbps):

(The following example will be used to configure port 2 of the Portserver TS2.)

#> set ports range=2 dev=prn

#> set line range=2 ?
(use the set line command to set correct baud rate, parity, etc. at this point)

#> set flow range=2 ?
(use the set flow command to set flow control to match however the TLK is set)

#> kill 2

To access the TLK connected to port 2 of the Portserver TS2 from your application, you will want to use the IP address of the Portserver TS2, with TCP socket 2002. The TCP socket number is the sum of TCP Base Socket (2000 by default, see "set config ?" for details on how to change it) plus <port number>, i.e. 2002 in the preceding example. If your TLK needs a binary socket connection rather than ASCII, use socket 2102 instead (2100 being default binary socket base).
answered Nov 11, 2004 by michaelt Veteran of the Digi Community (758 points)