Home/Support/Support Forum/Portserver TS to Infortrend RAID controller
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Portserver TS to Infortrend RAID controller

0 votes
Hi,

I need to make a cable which connects a Infortrend RAID controller to a Portserver TS. The serial port on the Infortrend RAID controller is an Audio Jack.

There is a cable supplied (AutoJack to DB9) The manual of the Portserver tell's me this:

1,2,3 on the autojack go to DB9 (Male) port 5,3,2

DB9 <-> Audio Jack

2 <-> 3
3 <-> 2
4*
5 <-> 1
6*
7*
8*

*on the DB9:
Pin 4 and Pin 6 are short
Pin 7 and Pin 8 are short

I can connect it to my PC but with an NULL modem between my PC and the Infortrend RAID controller.

Can anyone tell me the cable pin layout?

Thanks,

- Brendan
asked Sep 18, 2004 in Portserver TS by User9 New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
You would need a null modem between Digi and the DB9 end of that adapter cable as well.

It seems that the RAID controller might have a DTE interface. If you can confirm/deny this, as well as provide the meanings of the signals on the Audio Jack we might be able to help you come up with an Audio Jack to Digi cable.

If you want to go AudioJack-to-DB9 adapter, then DB9-Digi, the following cable should work for you:

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/cabling/pc_term_rj45_8pin_4wire_db9f.pdf
answered Sep 20, 2004 by michaelt Veteran of the Digi Community (758 points)
0 votes
The cable did work but I had to remove the NULL modem. ( I guess my cable was not correct ;)). I've tried to contact Infortrend Support but I have not had a response.

Thanks a lot.

- Brendan
answered Sep 25, 2004 by User9 New to the Community (1 point)