Home/Support/Support Forum/DRPD Clustering
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

DRPD Clustering

0 votes
I have 150 Digi Real PortServer TS8s and TS16s. These units currently run on one server. I would like to set up a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server Cluster and spread the PortServers across the nodes of the cluster. Does anyone have experience running the DRP Daemon in a clusterd environment? Can DRPD support a true active-active cluster?
asked Apr 5, 2004 in Realport by backofworm New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
Unfortunately, I have not worked with clustering and have not tested the driver in this environment. Although, I am told the RealPort driver is not cluster aware.

Since you have a large amount of products involved, I recommend contacting your Digi Vendor/Distributor regarding this type of driver support.
answered Apr 5, 2004 by userid0 Veteran of the Digi Community (2,158 points)
0 votes
I've performed exhaustive research, contacted several vendors, and contacted Digi. Nobody seems to know exactly how the driver will handle a cluster. The Digi engineers believe the driver is cluster aware. I'll be testing this over the next month or so. Hopefully, DRP will cooperate.
answered Apr 6, 2004 by backofworm New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
What is your current status ?

We do nearly the same and have problems with the connectivity to serial ports after node fail over..

Regards - Andre

(etherlite 160, realport 1.5, Linux RH AS3)
answered Feb 1, 2005 by agerbats New to the Community (1 point)