Home/Support/Support Forum/dgrp portserver driver on Fedora Core 2
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

dgrp portserver driver on Fedora Core 2

0 votes
I'm sorry if i missed some reading but..
We always used the portserver on an Opsenserver 5x server and are moving towards FC2, hence i tried to install the dgrp driver, and run into 2 problems.
1. The install works for both tgz and rpm, but missing tk-8.xxx makes eg dgrp_gui fail on wish.
2. Trying to add a node, the logscreen says;ERROR:couldn't register node
after loading the module, and trying to cat /proc/dgrp/config gives the error ; Illegal seek
after which i'm pretty much stuck.

Trying to find some additional reading I came accross this forum so any help will be much appreciated.
asked Sep 10, 2004 in Realport by confruo New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
The tcl/tk packages will need to be installed on your system in order to use the graphical interface. Here are some other package dependencies:

http://www.digi.com/support/kbaseresultdetl.jsp?id=377

The error you are seeing when adding a node, could be a gcc compiler mis-match or a sign that you are using a newer 2.6.8+ kernel.

Check to see if the compiler matches your kernel:

# gcc --version
# more /proc/version

The gcc version will need to match. If they do, and you are using a newer 2.6.8+ kernel, please contact Digi Tech. Support for a beta driver that will work in the newer Red Hat kernels.
answered Sep 10, 2004 by userid0 Veteran of the Digi Community (2,158 points)
0 votes
Thx for the fast reply, Indeed my gcc versions are correct, and i am using the 2.6.8-1 kernel.

So i restarted into 2.6.5, redid the install ... works! :)

So i could check for the Beta version, but since we will be running custom kernels, is there perhaps some kernel option i can add or remove in order for the 1.7 version to run correctly ?
answered Sep 10, 2004 by confruo New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
Unfortunately, there are no kernel parameters that I am aware of that can be changed to get this driver to work.

I recommend obtaining the beta driver for the 2.6.8+ kernels, as it accommodates minor /proc changes done in those kernels.
answered Sep 10, 2004 by userid0 Veteran of the Digi Community (2,158 points)