1. Please perform a physical check of the equipment:
If power is detected on the Digi Device, you will
see a Power LED indicator.
If the network is detected on the Digi Device, you will
see a Link LED, except on the Digi One IA and Digi One
IA RealPort, which will not show Link if the network
2. Please check the dip switches if you have an Digi MEI
Make sure the MEI Switches on the Digi Device are set
to EIA-232 when initially configuring the device. You
can later change this to match your peripheral
3. Please check your network configuration:
a. The Digi Device should be on the same subnet as the
PC running Digi Port Authority Remote.
b. The Digi Port Authority Remote device discovery
utilizes ADDP. If you have a firewall on your PC
or network, you may be unable to discover your Digi
Device. You may want to try a crossover ethernet
cable from your PC's network card if there is no
firewall enabled on your PC.
4. Please try resetting the Digi Device to factory
defaults via the reset switch.
5. You may want to try another method to get the IP
Address initially configured:
For additional instructions please locate the
Configuration Guide for the Digi Device either on
the CD or on Digi's web site.