Home/Support/Support Forum/After installing the driver for a Digi NEO on Redhat ES5 the ports showed up in /dev, but after reboot they are gone
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

After installing the driver for a Digi NEO on Redhat ES5 the ports showed up in /dev, but after reboot they are gone

0 votes
While logged in as root, I installed the listed driver for RedHat SE5 for the Digi Neo card. (I have the 8 port version). After finishing all the steps I started the service and the ports showed up in /dev (ttyn1a to ttyn1h). After I reboot the machine the ports were no longer listed. When I tried to restart the service I get a message back that the driver image was not found. If I try to re-install the RPM package it tells me it is already installed.

Any suggestions? When I try to run the test app it tells me no card is found. When I check the PCI devices installed the DIGI controller is listed.
asked Aug 5, 2011 in Serial Cards by kevlar73 New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
What driver version did you install?

If you run /etc/init.d/dgnc start after booting up the server, do the devices get created?
answered Aug 15, 2011 by userid0 Veteran of the Digi Community (2,158 points)