Home/Support/Support Forum/Watchport Manager as a service
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Watchport Manager as a service

0 votes
I saw some talk of running Wathport Manager as a service in a later version. Is that available yet? I've just downloaded build 119 from your site, but have yet to install it with my Watchport/H sensors. Watchport Manager is running on a server that may or may not be logged in and also may be logged in remotely too. Please let me know if you have any advice on this set up.

thanks1
Matt
asked Nov 14, 2007 in USB Serial by Luc New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

20 Answers

0 votes
Matt,

Hi, no, our WP manager program still does not run as service. I do have a version 1.23 which does fix a lot of email notification bugs if you're interested.

Feel free to email me at mikes@digi.com I would be more than happy to send it to you.

Best regards,

Mike Swift
answered Nov 14, 2007 by swifty32661 Seasoned Professional (185 points)
0 votes
Is Watchport Manager as a service available yet?
answered Feb 20, 2009 by Aestas New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
Hi,

Please email watchportservice@digi.com

I'll get you a small questionnaire to fill out. The beta will be available on 2/27/09

Best regards,
Mike S
answered Feb 20, 2009 by swifty32661 Seasoned Professional (185 points)
0 votes
Is there already a fix date when the "watchport run as service - thing" will be available?
answered Mar 30, 2009 by Manuel1 New to the Community (2 points)
0 votes
It's in a beta phase now. I'm not sure of the release date for the final release. Let me know if you're interested in beta testing.
answered Mar 30, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,687 points)
0 votes
I responded to the beta email that was sent to me a month ago. Are you still accepting new bets testers?

Thanks!
Matt
answered Mar 30, 2009 by Luc New to the Community (2 points)
0 votes
Yes, we are. Send an e-mail to watchportservice at digi.com if you're interested.
answered Mar 30, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,687 points)
0 votes
What I was saying is that I sent you an email a month ago. I received a form that I filled out and emailed it back to you. I never heard back. I'll email you again though.
answered Mar 30, 2009 by Luc New to the Community (2 points)
0 votes
Is this software available yet. I just installed the watchport manager and I have to leave the RDP session hung to keep the sensor monitoring?
answered Jun 9, 2009 by cb2009 New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
Watchport Manager is the software that we've been offering for years now. It works well but has a limitation of not being able to run as a service. In other words, the user account must stay logged in for it to continue running.

We tried modifying Watchport Manager to run as a service but realized that it was a better idea to "start from scratch" and make different software, specifically designed around being able to run as a service.

So now we have other newer software that we are calling SensorServ (for now, at least). SensorServ is now in the beta phase and anyone is welcome to help us beta test it. Just send an e-mail to watchportservice (at) digi.com and we'll give you the necessary download link and instructions.
answered Jun 9, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,687 points)