1. Double-check that "usbd.sys" is in "c:\windows\system32\drivers". I've seen customers just put it in system32 before. I've also seen customers forget to rename it from ".sy_" to ".sys".
2. The 5 port LEDS on the front panel of the AnywhereUSB should be green, "roaming" left-right-left, indicating that the unit is available for a host connection. If the 5 port LEDs are solid green, this means the other computer is connected to the AnywhereUSB, so you'll have to disconnect from the other computer first.
3. What is your VMware network configuration for the W2K3 virtual machine? In other words, are you using "Bridged Networking", "NAT", or something else?
4. What is the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway of the W2K3 virtual machine?
5. What is the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway of the AnywhereUSB?