Home/Support/Support Forum/Edgeport 8 Driver Installation Problem
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Edgeport 8 Driver Installation Problem

0 votes
Hello,

I am attempting to install a new Edgeport8 on a Dell PowerEdge 2950 running a brand new install of Win2K3 Server Ent. Ed., and I get the following error message:

"Windows cannot identify the device plugged into the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator"

In Device Manager, there are 4 Edgeport/8 devices listed under IonMultiPortSerial and they appear to be fine. However, under Ports, I have the standard Windows Comm Ports (COM1 & COM2) and only 2 Edgeport ports (COM3 & COM4). When I try to test these using edgeport.exe, they fail the tests.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers using the Uninstall feature of edgeport.exe, but that did not help. I also tried a different Edgeport 8 (since I have 2). That also did not help. What do I need to do to get the device properly installed on this system?

Thanks,
Brian
asked Nov 14, 2007 in USB Serial by Brian_O New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
Hello Brian,

To make sure the Edgeport hardware is in working order, can you try installing both of them on a different PC?
answered Nov 14, 2007 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,687 points)
0 votes
Thanks for the suggestion Jeremy. I followed your advice and was able to successfully install both Edgeports on another server running Win2K3, so we know the problem is not the hardware itself. Has anyone seen this error before? Thanks again.

Brian
answered Nov 14, 2007 by Brian_O New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
I'll e-mail you about this shortly, Brian.
answered Nov 15, 2007 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,687 points)