Home/Support/Support Forum/Problem with 2k8 x64 drivers
New and improved user forum site going live on 12/6 (All users will need to reset their password when the new forum is active)
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Problem with 2k8 x64 drivers

0 votes
Good day, colleagues. Thank You for release!
But we have a problem with this drivers.

When we press to button "connect", in Config utility, OS found the netusb device, next it found our USB-hasp key connected to AnywhereUSB device, install drivers to this hasp.

But we get a problem - USB-hasp periodically perform disconnection - reconnection to OS. Every 10 seconds. So when I run configuration utility, I see that every ~10 seconds AnywhereUSB device disappear from list and after next ~10 second appear again. And this action repeats constantly.

If I take a moment when AnywhereUSB device present in list, and when I press to "Disconnect" button, USB normally disconnect from my Host and left in list constantly (not appear-disappear)

Do you know what is problem?

P.S.
I use Windows 2008 Enterprise x64 runned on Virtual Machine in Hyper-V.

P.S.2.
When I conect this device to other host (i.e. WindowsXP) all work fine.
asked Apr 2, 2009 in USB Serial by maximilian_at_mail333.com New to the Community (18 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

32 Answers

0 votes
Good day,

1. What kind of USB-hasp are you using?

2. If no USB devices are connected to the AnywhereUSB, does this issue still happen?

3. Please upload the AnywhereUSB event log.

4. About the other Windows XP host, is that a physical PC? Or is it (also) a Virtual Machine?

5. About the screen capture you uploaded, that shows the AnywhereUSB Configuration Utility on a Virtual Machine, is the Operating System of that Virtual Machine running Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64? Or do you mean that the Virtualization Server itself (the physical hardware) is running Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64? I need to know what Operating Systems are running on both the physical hardware and the Virtual Machine in question.
answered Apr 2, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,687 points)
0 votes
1. HASP HL from Alladin - usb key for "1C Enterprise Server License version 8.1 x64"
2. I try to test. Answer later...
3. Ok. Tommorrow.
4. It physical PC. I have wide infrastructure and may try perform testing some later on other virtual-physical environment.
5. Both - physical host and virtual host is Win2k8 Enterprise x64 systems. Hyper-v is virtualization software. Hardware - IBM Blade-X series.
answered Apr 2, 2009 by maximilian_at_mail333.com New to the Community (18 points)
0 votes
2. If no USB devices - all work fine. If I conect simple flash drive - all work fine. Some later I try other devices and post here if something don't work.

3. attach...
event.log - log file from w2k8 x64, where AnywhereUSB was connected.
AwUsbview.txt - log file from AnywhereUSB view created on fine worked WinXP mashine. (in this file You may see device descriptor on AnuwhereUSB controller.

Message was edited by: maximilian@mail333.com
answered Apr 3, 2009 by maximilian_at_mail333.com New to the Community (18 points)
0 votes
1. What AnywhereUSB driver version are you running on the Win XP Physical PC? The same version (the new v2.60 release) or something else? To determine this, open the AnywhereUSB Configuration Utility then click "View / Driver Information" and note the version of "awusbsys.sys".

2. In order to resolve this, we would most likely need one of those USB dongles to re-create the issue with. Would you be able to send us your dongle? If not, would you be able to work with the vendor to get a loaner sent to us?
answered Apr 3, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,687 points)
0 votes
By you questions:
1. In WinXP I use 2.51.1 - from site main download page.
Driver version in attachments.

2. Sorry, I am from Ukraine and resending key to You will so long time. I think that I may connect this AnywhereUSB device to public IP address. How do you think, this may help to us?

Contacts:
Developer's web-page: http://www.alladin.ru/contacts/
e-mail: info@eAladdin.com.ua

Phone in Ukraine:
+38 (044) 331-32-23
+38 (044) 543-45-52

my e-mail - maximilian@mail333.com
my phone - +38 067 3299885
I call to key-developer company, and they ask, that help us with any info that we need.
Please send email and show what tech-info you need to correct problem with drivers.

Please ask me for any info that you need. I try to answer as fast as possible...

Thank you!
answered Apr 6, 2009 by maximilian_at_mail333.com New to the Community (18 points)
0 votes
Am I correctly understanding that the AnywhereUSB does NOT reboot/disconnect when the Windows XP PC is being used as the host (when the Aladdin key is attached to the AnywhereUSB)? If so, I'd like for you to install the newer v2.60 AnywhereUSB driver on that PC, for troubleshooting purposes. It would be helpful to know if the issue "follows" the new driver or not.
answered Apr 6, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,687 points)
0 votes
Where can I get 2.60 version of drivers for winXP 32 bit?
On site main page I can download only 2.51 version
answered Apr 6, 2009 by maximilian_at_mail333.com New to the Community (18 points)
0 votes
The new v2.60 AnywhereUSB driver that supports Server 2008 and Vista is now available. It's not yet on our website though, so use one of the download links below that goes to our FTP site.

You should first uninstall the existing driver by clicking "View / Driver Information / Uninstall" in the AnywhereUSB Configuration Utility and then reboot the VM when prompted.

After Windows loads, install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 runtime libraries. They must be installed before installing the newer AnywhereUSB driver. These runtime libraries are included in the 40002670 and 40002668 install packages in the "Redistributable Libraries" folder.

For 32-bit Windows Operating systems: vcredist_x86.exe For 64-bit Windows Operating systems: vcredist_x64.exe

After extracting the 40002670 or 40002668 AnywhereUSB installation package to a temporary location on your hard disk, browse to the "Redistributable Libraries" folder and run the vcredist_x.exe found there. After it completes installation you may then install the AnywhereUSB drivers by running Setup.exe. Failure to do so will result in the AnywhereUSB driver installation failing and the configuration utility being unable to start properly.

Download links for the new v2.60 AnywhereUSB driver:

32-bit:
ftp://austin:!15st3n!@ftp1.digi.com/40002670.exe

64-bit:
ftp://austin:!15st3n!@ftp1.digi.com/40002668.exe
0 votes
Login/pass correct?
There is no such files in directory. I login correctly but in root folder only 'support' folder.

Am I correctly understanding that the AnywhereUSB does NOT reboot/disconnect when the Windows XP PC is being used as the host (when the Aladdin key is attached to the AnywhereUSB)?
- Yes, correctly. On host with winXP no problem with drivers... I will try newer version...

Message was edited by: maximilian@mail333.com
0 votes
That link should automatically log you in with the following username/password:

Username: austin
Password: !15st3n!

If you're using Internet Explorer 7, it may be logging you in anonymously, so try this instead:

1. Copy & paste the following address: ftp://ftp1.digi.com
2. Click the "Tools" button at the top-right and make sure that "Menu Bar" is checked.
3. click "View" at the top-left then click "Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer".
4. In the new window that opens, click "File / Login As", enter the above Username & Password, then click the "Log On" button.

Does that help?