Home/Support/Support Forum/Xycom Elo Touch Screen Setup
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Xycom Elo Touch Screen Setup

0 votes
My exisiting setup is a thin client using citrix to connect with a terminal server to run a application called RSview.
I am demoing a connectport display to see if it will work in this application. I have got it set up to attach to terminal server using vnc and this part seems to work good.The hard part will be getting touch screen to work. I am using a Xycom display with elo-touch screen. I need help in getting the touch screen to work.Will you ever have drivers in the controlport to handle something like this? Can I use the built in serial port with the touch screen serial output and real port software on my terminal server to control touch screen. Basically it would act like having touch screen hooked directly to the server. Thanks Mike
asked Jun 1, 2007 in ConnectPort Display by choppermike New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

4 Answers

0 votes
Hello Mike,

Our base model ConnectPort Display has support for Elo USB touchscreens, via a firmware update. The Elo driver is not required on the Host PC in this situation and the calibration is handled by the ConnectPort Display. I can send you the respective firmware if needed.

The newer model ConnectPort Display M22 does not yet have support for Elo USB touchscreens, although this is a high priority so I expect it to be added soon. This will also be achieved via a firmware update.

Both model ConnectPort Displays support any kind of RS-232 (serial) touchscreen. The Digi RealPort driver would need to be installed on the Host PC to allow the Host PC to interact with the touchscreen in this case.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
answered Jun 1, 2007 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,687 points)
0 votes
The one I have is PN:50001323-01 B
SN: V71602019

If this is the one with elo support in hardware please send
me firmware.

Thanks Mike
answered Jun 4, 2007 by choppermike New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
Mike,

You have a M22 model.

I'll check with our product manager to see what the ETA is for Elo USB touchscreen support on the M22 model and post here when I get that information.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
answered Jun 4, 2007 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,687 points)
0 votes
I'm told that the ETA is the end of this month, Mike.
answered Jun 5, 2007 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,687 points)