Home/Support/Support Forum/RealPort Com Software
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

RealPort Com Software

0 votes
We have a Connectport display that we are evaluating for use with our quality software. I have created a virtual machine and loaded our software into it. The quality software can only use Com1-4. After installing the Realport software in the virtual machine it creates three additional Com ports 5,6,7 with labels of Com1,2,3. The quality software will not recognize data that is passed from the gage into the software no matter which port I try to use. I went into the registry and tried to change the port assignments with no luck. I also tried to delete all of the Com ports and install the Realport software only it did not work either. Can you recommend any other suggestions that you think may help. If I can get this to work it would be a hugh benefit to our company. Thanks
asked Apr 30, 2007 in ConnectPort Display by PhilM New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi,

I am assuming that you're using the DB9 port marked "Port 1" on the back of the CPD. That port should be the first port enumerated by the RealPort driver installation. I am not sure I entirely understand your description below but it seems that your ports are assigned Com5, 6, 7 and those won't work of course if your software only goes to Com4. During the initial setup of the Realport driver installation you should get a choice of where you want the ports to start at. IF com ports below Com5 were not available it's most likely because other devices (or software) are tying up those ports. You would have to disable/uninstall whatever that was so you could then have the Realport use those com numbers.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance please email me directly at mikes@digi.com
answered Apr 30, 2007 by swifty32661 Seasoned Professional (185 points)