Home/Support/Support Forum/1 Wire
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

1 Wire

0 votes
It would be nice to have a Library for Dallas' One-Wire interface that is written such that it is clock frequency independant. I have written one for use with the DS2480 RS232 to 1-wire convertor but it's a pain having to use a convertor when you should be able to just use one Rabbit pin. I've seen and tried various examples from the old forums but none of which worked in my setup. :)

I realise you could go on forever writing libraries for thousands of devices but the Dallas 1-wire bus seems to be a commonly used interface, especially for temperature devices, and I think it would be a useful one to have.
asked Feb 14, 2007 in Feedback/Wish List by Chill0309 New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

8 Answers

0 votes
I want to use the RCM4510W with a 1 wire network of sensors and would like to know if there is a 1 wire API for the RCM micros in existance and if so where would it be located. If anyone is writting your own stuff drop me a note and maybe you can help me get a handle on this.

Thanks,

D. S. Bishop
answered May 2, 2008 by Bishopds New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
It seems that maxim has an I2C to 1 wire converter as well now.
It is called the

DS2482-100
Single-Channel 1-Wire Master

link:http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/4382

I haven't tried it, just want to show it to you.
good luck.
answered Jan 4, 2009 by fietspomp New to the Community (12 points)
0 votes
I've done all my 1-wire device coding manually. It's as fast as you can get (bit banging) as well. I've used my code on both an RCM5700 and RCM4300 without modifying anything.
answered Feb 2, 2009 by AlanD New to the Community (11 points)
0 votes
Hello AlanD,
do you have some code you can share?
I am trying to connect DS2401 to a RCM4100 module
Regards Laurie
answered May 17, 2009 by widgetoz New to the Community (6 points)
0 votes
Hi all,

I will be happy if someone that already wrote code for 1-wire will post it here.
I hate reinventing the wheel.

Tn'x in advance.

Meir
answered Jul 13, 2009 by mlebel New to the Community (4 points)
0 votes
I have attached some sample code that works for me. I am using an RCM4000 module at 58Mhz so you will need to consider this when looking at the timing parts.
This is not the prettiest of code and most of it was given to me and I have just rationalised it for my needs.
This code is specific to the DS2401 but should be easily adapted to other 1-wire devices. All the basic building blocks are there so once you have the timing fixed the rest should be a matter of adding the extra commands that might be needed.
I have extracted this code form my main application but I think everything is there.
Regards
Laurie
answered Jul 13, 2009 by widgetoz New to the Community (6 points)
0 votes
Thank you for the quick replay, I using RC5700, I will into it.
answered Jul 13, 2009 by mlebel New to the Community (4 points)
0 votes
Could someone please repost the code example? The attachement doesn't work for me.

I am trying to interface a DS1820's to an RCM4300 and I don't want to to put out $350 for the Sensor Application Kit when I already have the core-module and development set and all I need is some code samples to get me started.

Thanks!
answered Mar 7, 2010 by jj42883 New to the Community (1 point)